Stainless Steel Rolex Customization Ideas

July 08, 2016

While purists wince at the idea of customizing a Rolex timepiece, there are many companies around the world that offer Rolex customization. Any aftermarket customizations void the warranty that the watchmaker offers, but most of the reputable watch customization companies offer their customers their own warranties for the watches they customize. This means that the sky is the limit for anyone willing to pay a premium for a truly one of a kind timepiece. 
photoshopped photo of a Rolex Slate Blue Stainless Steel Sub Date Concept Model
Custom Slate Blue Stainless Steel Rolex Submariner Date Design Idea
Blacked out Rolexes from companies like Bamford Watch Department and Project X are very popular, but if I had carte blanche to come up with any stainless steel Rolex, for example, I would make minimal but unique adjustments to the original configurations. For example, although I have come to appreciate the Rolex Submariner LV, or Hulk as it is also referred to, the green bezel and dial are too bright for me to be able to wear it on a daily basis. If I could choose a color for the bezel and dial of the Sub Date, I would go for a slate blue. The color is more subdued than the blue of the white gold Sub (Smurf) and a little more interesting than the black bezel and dial combination more commonly seen on the stainless steel version. I used Photoshop to come up with the concept image above.

image of a Custom Indigo Rolex Air-King Design Idea
Custom Indigo Rolex Air-King Design Idea
While I was in Photoshop, I decided to work out a version of the polemic 2016 Air-King model that would please my eye more so than the original. My main issues with the new Air-King are the green ROLEX on the dial and the matching green seconds hand. At first I tried to make them white, but that made it resemble to Explorer too much. So, I decided to give the Air-King a pop of color that would enhance the dial and compliment the yellow crown. I went with the indigo color in the image above. This shade of indigo is dark enough to blend in with the black dial but also colorful enough to compliment the bright yellow crown.

Customization isn't for everyone, but it does provide a creative option for those who want a truly one of a kind timepiece. The process of coming up with custom design ideas is enjoyable, even if they end up as nothing more than a concept. If there is a custom design idea you would like to see realized on Photoshop, e-mail your idea to rolexchronicle@gmail.com.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Rolex Online Resources