Every Rolex Tells a Story: Garbiñe Muguruza

January 24, 2017

Every Rolex Tells a Story: Garibeñe Muguruza (photo: Rolex)
Current French Open champion Garbiñe Muguruza will not be advancing to the Australian Open semifinal after a loss to American Coco Vandeweghe this week. However, the Venezuelan-born Spanish tennis star has much to be proud of in her career. In 2014, after defeating Serena Williams in the fourth round of the Australian Open, she decided to honor the milestone with the purchase of a Rolex watch.

"Since I was a kid, my father and my mother both had a Rolex and I always wanted to have one as well. But my father always told me, 'You have to earn it, you have to work hard and one day you will have the chance to buy one yourself.' At the end of that year I felt that that moment had finally come, that it was a great reward for what I achieved," says Muguruza on her Every Rolex Tells a Story page at rolex.com. 

The athlete chose a 36 millimeter Datejust with diamond hour markers and a pink dial, worn in the photo above. The size of the case looks perfect on her wrist, though some enthusiasts may shudder at the thought of calling a 36 millimeter timepiece a women's watch. The timing couldn't have been better for Rolex to add this story to their website, with the Australian Open and demonstrations from women's groups around the world occurring simultaneously last weekend. For more information on the tennis star, check our her Facebook page

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Rolex Online Resources